Lists, lists, lists...there's the grocery, the to-do, the to-call, to make, to bake, to clean, the wish list, and on and on. In an attempt to update you on the Marbut Clan, here are a few entries you may find on one of my many lists...
1) Enroll Avery in acting class.
My beloved 6 yr old Avery fancies herself as an actress/singer/songwriter and while I appreciate the flare for dramatics, I'm afraid stage fright sets in when more than one audience member is present. Now, Miss Olivia ,who's toggling between a scientist and "ballet girl," and quite content letting her sister have the limelight, will most likely be the one taking center stage. It will probably come in the form of stand-up or endless demonstrations of 80's dances such as the robot.
2) Stop letting my children name the animals.
We recently welcomed Hannah, Abby and Tina Marbut into the family. The "triplets" as Avery calls them are fish. Jewelry Box, our 20 lb. overweight cat who mistakes himself as a 10 oz. lap dog is ecstatic.
3) Don't freak out if the girls lick the handle of the shopping cart.
I've tried every possible antidote to avoid the petri dish of disease otherwise known as Winter. We've taken so much vitamin C and sanitized our hands raw - but the girls were still unable to escape a round of Strep and the ever so popular Fifth disease.
4) Replace old cougar pom-poms with new ones.
We're half way through the baseball season! The girls have been the Cougars biggest fans - we've made it through rain, wind and snow. We're looking forward to the sunny, beautiful Palouse weather and packed stands while we cheer on the boys for the rest of our home games! GO COUGS!
5) Dust off the clubs.
I'm looking forward to getting back onto the course after a long winter and a new love for the game. Our new course is an 18 hole championship facility. The views are beautiful and one of the places I feel closest to home.
6) Seize the moment!
I've made amazing friends in Pullman. Often times in a college town, those wonderful people you meet are in the middle of a journey with road still left to travel. Once in awhile a person's impact is so strong that they never truly leave. Their spirit, their commitment, their compassion will be forever marked in our humble town and in our hearts. I'm slowing saying good-bye to two people who have not only touched our lives but changed it forever. We love you and will miss you more than you know! GO CAVALIERS!
Cookies...yummy!
16 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment